This policy applies to Oasis Newman Operations Pty Ltd, its associated and related entities, and all of its directors and representatives (we, our or us). This document explains our policy in relation to the collection and management of personal information we collect from individuals. The Privacy Act 1988 requires us to handle personal information in accordance with the Australian Privacy Principles (APP).
What is Personal Data?
“Personal Data” means any information collected and logged in a format that allows you to be identified personally, either directly or indirectly as a natural person.
How do we protect your data?
We will only collect personal data that is necessary for data processing. We will take all reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data we hold is accurate and up to date and will hold this data for the period necessary by law.
We will ensure reasonable technical and organisational measures are in place to protect your personal data against alteration or unauthorised use. This includes the use of encryption technology for your credit card details as well as user ID’s and passwords.
What information is collected?
We may ask for the following information:
– Contact details (name, phone number, email etc)
– Personal Information (date of birth etc)
– Information regarding your children (age, name etc)
– Your credit card number (for security and transaction purposes)
– Your arrival and departures dates
– Your preferences in regards to your booking (preferred floor, room etc)
– Your dietary requirements (if you require meals)
– Your feedback and comments during and following your stay
When will we collect this data?
– Making a booking
– Paying for your booking or other amenities
– Requests, complaints and/or disputes
– Through third party booking operators
– Through online reservations
Why do we collect this data?
We collect this data to provide you with the best stay possible. Some of this information is required for us to accommodate your booking and other information is to help us cater for your needs during your stay.
Who do we share this data with?
Within our accommodation facility authorised hotel staff and management have access to your data. In emergencies, we may also be asked to provide this information to Medical services or legal services. We may also share this with Third Party marketing services and IT departments.